FC Cologne Vs FC Schalke Betting Tips, Predictions, And Betting Odds – Bundesliga Germany

Cologne will play against FC Schalke 04 next week, on the 7th of August. The match will be played at FC Köln’s home ground in Cologne at the RheinEnergieStadion. The fans on both sides will look forward to this clash between the table toppers and number 12 on the points table.

Regarding the form of both sides, FC Cologne is pretty good despite drawing their last game against Hertha Berlin and losing 4-1 against Freiburg. They have won only two of their last five matches, but all were close calls and entertaining.

On the other hand, FC Schalke has also won two of their last five matches but has lost the other three. Cologne managed to win two, lose two and draw one match, which makes their stats better than Schalke.

FC Cologne Vs FC Schalke Betting Tips

The most likely result of this match, according to our analysis of all the information up to an hour before kickoff, is a victory for FC Köln, with a probability of 43.18 percent. A draw had a 25 percent chance of happening, while a win for Schalke 04 had a 31.82 percent chance.

Several successful outcomes in the early stages of Friedhelm Funkel’s administration have given Köln a chance to stay in the division. Victories over RB Leipzig and Augsburg have been especially helpful as they attempt to escape the relegation zone.

Elvis Rexhbecaj and Benno Schmitz will miss the match as the draw with Hertha resulted in injuries. Köln’s Ismail Jakobs and Ellyes Skhiri received their fifth booking of the season last time out and will miss the final day of the season.

If Rexhbecaj is not selected, Marco Hoger and Salih Ozcan are both options to start in the midfield, and Jannes Horn should be selected to play defense if Jakobs is not selected.

The fact that captain Jonas Hector is back in the practice session has also been a huge boost for the home team. If he is healthy enough, the injury-prone midfielder will certainly be selected for the starting lineup.

While the visitors are still without players like William, Benjamin Stambouli, Omar Mascarell, Matija Nastasic, and Nabil Bentaleb, Huntelaar’s heroics against Frankfurt came at a price as he was forced to leave the game after 55 minutes due to a calf injury. His participation in the match on Saturday is also in doubt.

While a coronavirus cluster has also destroyed Schalke’s ranks recently, they can take heart from Sead Kolasinac’s return from suspension and the uncertainty surrounding Bastian Oczipka’s future at the club.

Young players from the opposing team are gaining experience thanks to their club’s injury woes, and last week’s goal scorer Hoppe will be hoping to start in the attacking third if Huntelaar is not declared fit.

FC Cologne vs FC Schalke

Match Info

Date and Time: 15:30 UTC, 7 Aug 2022

Venue: RheinEnergieStadion stadium, Cologne city, Germany

FC Cologne vs FC Schalke Betting Odds

FC Cologne vs FC Schalke Full-Time Score

FC Cologne1.70
Draw 1.23
FC Schalke2.17

FC Cologne vs FC Schalke Both Teams To Score

Both Teams To Score1.572.27

FC Cologne vs FC Schalke Total Goals 2.5 (Over/Under)


The 1-0 result was the most likely one for FC Köln to win, with a chance of 9.22 percent. The next-most likely results were 2-1 (9.02 percent) and 2-0. (7.05 percent). 

The odds of Schalke 04 winning were 0-1 (7.7percent), while the odds of a score being tied were 1-1. (11.79 percent). 

The probability that the final score would be 1-0 was 9.2 percent. Our analysis accurately foresaw FC Köln winning this game by a score of 1-0.

Match Preview

FC Cologne vs FC Schalke

Köln has the lowest home record in the division with just 11 points earned out of a possible 48 at the RheinEnergieStadion. If they lose this weekend, they will set an unfavorable club record for the fewest points earned on home soil in a single season.

Schalke defeated Eintracht Frankfurt 4-3, displaying a spirit of determination that has been largely lacking throughout the season. However, it hasn’t done much for their standing in the league.

Andre Silva, as expected, added to his impressive season total with a brace on this occasion. Still, Schalke scored goals from Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Matthew Hoppe, Florian Flick, and Blendi Idrizi to give them their third league victory of an otherwise disastrous season.

With that thrilling victory, Dimitrios Grammozis’ team at least gave their supporters something to cheer about, but with only 16 points out of a possible 99 this season, Schalke has little else to be happy about as they prepare for life in the 2nd phase. 

While Funkel, the coach of the Billy Goats, can only claim three victories from his 31 matches with Schalke while in charge, Köln has beaten the Bundesliga’s bottom team by a score of 2-1 and are undefeated in their previous seven meetings.

The head-to-head record between Köln and Schalke 04 indicates that in their 22 encounters, Köln has won nine times while Schalke 04 has done so eight times. Between Köln and Schalke 04, 5 games have ended in draws.

With these stats, we predict that FC Cologne, having a better record against FC Schalke 04, win this upcoming match as well to maintain and extend their lead in this head-to-head comparison.

FC Cologne’s Last Five Matches

  • 09/07/22: CLF – FC Cologne 1 – 1 Grasshopper
  • 16/07/22: CLF – FC Cologne 1 – 2 AC Milan
  • 17/07/22: CLF – Kickers Offenbach 0 – 2 FC Cologne
  • 22/07/22: CLF – FC Cologne 5 – 0 NEC
  • 30/07/22: DFP – Jahn Regensburg 2 – 2 FC Cologne

FC Schalke’s Last Five Matches

  • 17/07/22: CLF – Kufstein 0 – 5 FC Schalke
  • 17/07/22: CLF – Augsburg 1 – 1 FC Schalke
  • 17/07/22: CLF – Udinese (Cancelled) FC Schalke
  • 22/07/22: CLF – Twente 3 – 1 FC Schalke
  • 31/07/22: DFP – Bremer SV 0 – 5 FC Schalke

Bundesliga Points Table

2RB Leipzig00000000
41. FC Union Berlin00000000
5Borussia Dortmund00000000
6FC Augsburg00000000
7Eintracht Frankfurt00000000
10Bayern Munich00000000
14SC Freiburg00000000
16Werder Bremen00000000
17Hertha Berlin00000000
18Bayer Leverkusen00000000

Daily Betting Tips