Auxerre Vs Lorient Betting Odds, Predictions, And Betting Tips- Ligue 1

Soccer fans are anticipating the Ligue 1 match between Auxerre and Lorient. The event happens on September 16, 2022, at 19:00 UTC.

Auxerre Vs Lorient Betting Odds

Auxerre Vs Lorient Betting Tips

In their most recent six games, Auxerre had two victories, three defeats, and one draw. Lorient has won four of its previous six games, lost one, and had one game ended in a tie. According to the Infogol model, Auxerre has a 34% chance of winning. Lorient has a 36% chance of triumphing. Having the draw is 30% likely.

This year, Auxerre has played three home games in the French Ligue 1 and won one, tied one, and lost one. Four goals are allowed, and three goals are scored (2.49 xGF) (4.24 GA). Mathias Autret leads the Auxerre offense with two goals (1.28 xG).

Lorient has played four road games this season, winning two and losing one. They have six goals scored (5.43 xGF) and seven goals allowed (6.40 xGA). Terem Igobor Moffi leads Lorient in goal scoring with five goals (3.76 xG).

Angers has lost two of those games and drawn three of their last three contests. In their last six contests, they have only managed one victory. Angers has struggled this year away from home, as seen by all six of their victories since the year’s beginning have occurred at home.

Angers have gone winless in their last 12 away games, with two draws and ten losses; they have also dropped their last three away games. Contrarily, Auxerre has six victories in their last nine home games in all competitions. Given Angers’ recent road struggles, we predict an Auxerre victory.

Angers has recently given up a lot of goals; in their last five games, they have only kept one clean sheet while giving up 11 goals. 

Additionally, Angers has scored six goals in their last four games, as we would like to note. As a result, Angers’ most recent games have been high-scoring, with three of their previous four games exceeding the 2.5-goal threshold. 

Similar to how Auxerre has recently scored and given up a lot of goals, five of their previous seven games have seen at least three goals scored. In light of this, we predict that these sides will combine for up to three goals.

Prediction: Auxerre 1-1 Lorient 

Auxerre vs Lorient

Match Info

Date and Time: 16 Sep 2022, 19:00 UTC

Venue: Stade de l’Abbe-Deschamps, Auxerre, France

Auxerre vs Lorient Betting Odds

Auxerre vs Lorient Full-Time Score


Auxerre vs Lorient Both Teams To Score


Auxerre vs Lorient Total Goals 2.5 (Over/Under)


Match Preview

Auxerre vs Lorient
Pic Credit:

After losing to Rennes 5-0 in Ligue 1 the last time they played, AJ Auxerre won’t want a repeat of that performance today.

AJ Auxerre enjoyed 52% of the possession in that game and made seven efforts on goal, scoring on three of them. Nine of Rennes’ 12 shots on goal were on target. For Rennes, goals were scored by Kamaldeen Sulemana (3′), Amine Gouiri (60′), Martin Terrier (68′), Flavien Tait (79′), and Matthis Abline (85′).

The last few years have seen fewer clean sheets for AJ Auxerre. The truth is that AJ Auxerre has conceded 12 goals over their last six matches, with five games ending in goals against. In their previous three league games against FC Lorient, AJ Auxerre had failed to record a victory.

FC Lorient enters this game off a 3-2 Ligue 1 victory against Nantes in their previous game. In that game, FC Lorient had 48% of the possession, and 5 of its 13 efforts on goal were successful. Dango Faissal Ouattara (19′), Yoann Cathline (60′), and Ibrahima Koné (74′) scored goals for FC Lorient.

Four of Nantes’ nine attempts at goal were successful. For Nantes, goals were scored by Ignatius Ganago (13′) and Moses Simon (85′). Three or more goals have been scored in as many as five of FC Lorient’s past six matches.

The total amount of goals scored per game during that run is 4, with FC Lorient scoring 2.17 of those goals on average. We will just have to wait and see, as no two games are ever the same, to see if the trend might continue in this particular game.

Auxerre vs Lorient Team News

  • Auxerre

Auxerre Costil, Pereira, Jubal, Jeanvier, Bernard, Toure, Hein, M’Changama, Sakhi, Autret, and Charnonnier are the predicted lineup.

It doesn’t get much better in terms of player selection, with just one fitness issue despite an otherwise strong collection of players for AJ Auxerre manager Jean-Marc Furlan. Théo Pellenard will not play due to a torn knee ligament.

This time, in our opinion, AJA could use a 4-2-3-1 configuration with Benoit Costil, Paul Joly, Jubal, Alexandre Coeff, Gideon Mensah, Birama Toure, Hamza Sakhi, Lassine Sinayoko, Rayan Raveloson, Mathias Autret, and Mbaye Niang.

  • Lorient

Régis Le Bris, manager of FC Lorient, has no fitness concerns going into this game because his team is fully healthy and prepared.

Yvon Mvogo, Gédéon Kalulu, Montassar Talbi, Julien Laporte, Vincent Le Goff, Bonke Innocent, Laurent Abergel, Enzo Le Fée, Stephane Diarra, Terem Moffi, and Dango Ouattara are possible candidates for Les Merlus’ 4-3-3 formation.

Auxerre vs Lorient Head-to-Head Stats

AJ Auxerre and FC Lorient have split their previous head-to-head matches dating back to February 11, 2012, with three games ending in draws. In those games, 12 goals were scored between the two teams, with seven goals coming from AJA and five from Les Merlus. This results in an average of two goals being scored every game.

The two teams’ most recent league encounter occurred on Match Day 18 of Ligue 2 on December 13, 2019, with FC Lorient defeating AJ Auxerre 1-0. Benjamin Lepaysant served as the match’s referee.

Last Five Games For Auxerre

At the moment, Auxerre is ranked 14th in Ligue 1. The previous match between the two teams concluded in a win for Rennes (5:0). 

Gaetan Perrin, Mattias Autret, Gauthier Hein, Lassine Sinayoko, Gaetan Charbonnier, Julian Jeanvier, and Nuno Da Costa are the players with the most goals scored in this season’s games across all levels. The defense will need to keep a close eye on them.

Twenty goals were scored in 14 games, averaging 1.43 per match. One tie and six games were successful. Seven defeats. In 71.43% of games, there were more than 2.5 goals scored overall (Over 2.5). The total goals scored in 85.71% of games was higher than 1.5 goals (Over 1.5). Auxerre has not conceded a goal in two games. Both sides have scored goals nine times. 1.43 goals per game on average.

Rennes 5 – 0 Auxerre

On 11 September 2022, in the match between Rennes and Auxerre, Rennes won by 5 points against Auxerre. 

Auxerre 0 – 2 Marseille 

On 3rd September 2022, in the match between Auxerre and Marseille, Auxerre lost 2 points. 

Lyon 2 – 1 Auxerre

On 31st August 2022, Auxerre was defeated by Lyon, 2-4.

⚽ Auxerre 1 – 0 Strasbourg

On 27 August 2022, in the match between Auxerre and Strasbourg, Auxerre won by 1 point. 

⚽ Montpellier 1 – 2 Auxerre

On 21 August 2022, in the match between Montpellier and Auxerre, Auxerre won by 1 point. 

Last Five Games For Lorient

⚽ Lorient 3 – 2 Nantes

On 11 September 2022, in the match between Lorient and Nantes, Lorient won by 1 point.

⚽ Lorient 3 – 1 Lyon

On 7 September 2022, in the match between Lorient and Lyon, Lorient won by 2 points.  

⚽ Ajaccio 0 – 1 Lorient

On 4 September 2022, Lorient won against Ajaccio by 1 point. 

⚽ Lens 5 – 2 Lorient

On 1 September 2022, in the match between Lens and Lorient, Lorient was defeated by Lens by 3 points.

⚽ Lorient 2 – 1 Clermont

On 28 August 2022, in the match between Lorient and Clermont, Lorient won by 1 point.  

Ligue 1 Points Table

1 Paris Saint-Germain76102542119
2 Marseille76101541119
3 RC Lens7520167917
4 Lorient75111411316
5 Lyon7412169713
6 Rennes7322137611
7 Monaco73221012-211
8 Lille73131415-110
9 Clermont7313810-210
10 Montpellier7304171439
11 Toulouse7223811-38
12 Nice722358-38
13 Troyes72141115-47
14 Auxerre7214716-97
15 Nantes7133811-36
16 Reims71331014-46
17 Strasbourg705257-25
18 Brest7124817-95
19 Angers7124818-105
20 AC Ajaccio7016311-81

Daily Betting Tips