Tottenham Hotspur Vs Leicester City Betting Odds, Predictions, And Betting Tips- Premier League

This coming Saturday, Spurs will take on the Foxes on the 8th match day of the English Premier League. The game is slated for September 17, 2022, and will take place at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. Tottenham is flying high, and a win against Leicester City will allow them to continue their winning streak in the league. That’s not the case with foxes, though. They are struggling and will be visiting the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in the hope of turning the tide to regain their form.

Tottenham Hotspur Vs Leicester City Betting Odds

Tottenham Hotspur Vs Leicester City Betting Tips

Leicester City was hard-pressed when Brighton took away the match 5-2 after conceding a goal in the game’s early minutes. Since then, Foxes have yet to taste victory. On top of that, Spurs currently are enjoying an unbeaten home record which will further add pressure to the already struggling side of Brendan Rodgers. Furthermore, they have lost five of the six games in the Premier League this season, that’s why Spurs are heavily favored to win the coming engagement.

The headache is that Foxes are conceding goals at an alarming rate, 2.67 per match to be exact – Conte’s strikers will be gunning to decimate whatever shaky defense Foxes might put up in their way. Moreover, two recent engagements between Tottenham and Leicester City went the Spurs’ way – Spurs claimed a 3-2 away win and a 3-1 home win against Leicester City in their last two clashes.

Brendan Rodgers’ men have to arrange a tough defense not to give way to Spurs’ striker. Besides, they have to do well in the second half because 42% of the time, Tottenham scores in 61 to 70 minutes. Moreover, they have to improve their game in the first half too. The winning probability of Leicester City in the first half is a lowly 27%, while Tottenham wins the first half 38% of the time.

The wretched form of Foxes in the current season has put them at the bottom of the tally, and they need to work up a miracle if they hope to improve their standing.

Our Prediction: A 2-0 win for Tottenham

Tottenham Hotspur vs Leicester City

Match Info

Date and Time: 17 Sep 2022, 16:30 UTC

Venue: Molineux Stadium, Wolverhampton, England

Tottenham Hotspur vs Leicester City Betting Odds

Tottenham Hotspur vs Leicester City Full-Time Score

Tottenham Hotspur1.60
Leicester City6.65

Tottenham Hotspur vs Leicester City Both Teams To Score


Tottenham Hotspur vs Leicester City Total Goals 2.5 (Over/Under)


Match Preview

tottenham vs leicester city
Pic Credit:

Tottenham will host Leicester City on their home ground on Saturday, September 17, 2022, for the 8th day of the English premier league. Tottenham looks marvelous and will want to continue their unbeaten record this season when they face Leicester City in their next engagement.

Since the appointment of Antonio Conte, Spurs have taken an upward trajectory, and with the kind of form they are currently in, they only seem to go further up in the coming season. They have four wins to their name in six league games and currently boast third place in the league’s table.

Moreover, they are just a point behind number one, and the win against Leicester City could very well push them to the top spot. That said, Sporting Lisbon gave Spurs a hard jostling when they took down Conte’s side 2-0 in the Champions League. The coach will undoubtedly want his squad to pick up the winning momentum when they face Leicester City.

On the other hand, Brendan Rodgers’s side is struggling this season, and the task ahead will undoubtedly require all their strength if they wish to stop Tottenham on its track.

Tottenham Hotspur vs Leicester City Team News

  • Tottenham Hotspur

Tottenham has only a single injury concern. Lucas Moura, the Brazilian Winger, suffered from tendon inflammation and hasn’t recovered yet. Per the reports, he won’t make a comeback until early October.

Moreover, Conte slightly adjusted the team’s combination when he brought Son Heung-min instead of Dejan Kulusevski. It’s expected that Son will again appear in Tottenham’s squad in the upcoming match against Leicester City.

Also, Tottenham will be counting on its prolific striker and English captain Harry Kane to unleash his power against Leicester City once more. In recent times, Kane has become a real nemesis of Leicester City, finding nets 19 times in 18 of their meetings.

Possible Lineup of Tottenham (3-4-2-1) H. Lloris; B. Devices, E. Dier, C. Romero; I. Perisic, R. Benstancur, P. Höjbjerg, Emerson; Richarlison, H. Son; H. Kane.

  • Leicester City

At the Leicester sides, things are a little wayward. Rodgers has experimented more than any other club regarding team combination, and till now, they all failed. Incidentally, he has used 18 players as the starter for the team and yet to no avail. Rodgers is still to find his best playing eleven which might allow Wout Faes to secure a place in the squad for the upcoming game.

However, it’s clear that Ryan Bertrand ( left-back) and Ricardo Pereira (Right-Back) won’t be coming anytime soon. The former is still recovering from a Knee Surgery, while the latter suffered an Achilles tendon rupture.

For Leicester City’s side, Patson Daka and Kelechi Iheanacho should be in the limelight. In recent games, both the strikers could deliver for their team. Against Brighton, where Leicester City suffered a shocking defeat, Daka and Kelechi found nets in tense situations.

Possible Lineup of Leicester City (4-1-4-1) D. Ward; J. Justin, O. Ndidi, J. Evans, L. Thomas; B. Soumare; Y. Tielemans, P. Daka, J. Maddison, H. Barnes; K. Iheanacho.

Tottenham Hotspur vs Leicester City Head-to-Head Stats

Whenever Tottenham and Leicester City clash, Spurs have a 58% probability of winning the game, while the foxes have 26% of coming out as the winner. Also, there exists a 16% chance that the game will conclude in a draw. Out of the 19 meetings, Foxes could only beat Spurs in finding nets five times. On the other hand, Tottenham won the game 11 times. Also, 3 of the 19 fixtures have ended in a draw.

The current home form of Tottenham is excellent, and they won all three matches they have played this season. Leicester City, who will be playing on Tottenham’s home ground, has a pitiful away form – they are yet to register a victory playing on the foreign turf. Moreover, Tottenham Hotspur is likely to score at least two goals while playing at home. Leicester City, However, struggles to find nets playing away as their average lies around 1.60 per match.

Last Five Games For Tottenham Hotspur

  Tottenham Hotspur 0 – 2 Sporting CP

This UEFA Champions League game was a real shocker for Tottenham. Sporting CP ended Tottenham’s winning streak but defeated them 2-0.

  Tottenham Hotspur 2 – 0 Olympique de Marseille

An easy win for the Spurs. Olympique de Marseille tried hard but couldn’t break through Tottenham’s defense. They lost the game 0-2.

  Tottenham Hotspur 2 – 1 Fulham

An exciting contest of skills between two great English clubs. Spurs proved better and defeated Fulham 2-1.

  Tottenham Hotspur 1 – 1 West Ham United

Both rivals couldn’t break past the 1-1 scoreline and the game concluded in a draw.

  Tottenham Hotspur 2 – 0 Nottingham Forest

Nottingham Forest was no match for Tottenham’s attack and lost the game 0-2.

Last Five Games For Leicester City

  Leicester City 2 – 5 Brighton & Hove Albion

Seven goals in total, but only two by Leicester City. Consequently, Brighton & Hove Albion sealed the game 5-2.

  Leicester City 0-1Manchester United

City fought hard against the Reds in this game but lost 0-1.

  Leicester City 1 – 2 Chelsea

Heavy spenders this season, Chelsea easily overcame Leicester City 1-2.

  Leicester City 0 – 0 Stockport County

A win for Leicester City in the final shootout.

  Leicester City 1 – 2 Southampton

Leicester City struggled hard and even managed a goal. But Southampton found the net twice and stole the game 2-1.

Premier League Points Table

1 Arsenal6501147715
2 Manchester City64202061414
3 Tottenham Hotspur6420125714
4 Brighton and Hove Albion6411115613
5 Manchester United640288012
6 Chelsea631289-110
7 Liverpool623115699
8 Brentford623115969
9 Leeds United6222101008
10 Fulham62229908
11 Newcastle United61417617
12 Southampton6213710-37
13 Bournemouth6213518-137
14 Wolverhampton Wanderers613234-16
15 Crystal Palace613279-26
16 Everton604246-24
17 Aston Villa6114510-54
18 West Ham United611438-54
19 Nottingham Forest6114414-104
20 Leicester City6015816-81

Daily Betting Tips